10 Mistakes People Make with Building An Audience (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Building An Audience (plus 1 bonus):
1. Think it's done without a lot of blood, sweat and tears (in other words, hard work).
2. Try to co-opt another person's audience without permission (that's not nice and it's stealing, too).
3. Look for shortcuts including compromising morals (e.g. Miley Cyrus).
4. Overlook the importance of a niche focus ("a distinct segment of the market").
5. Forget that good content or product attracts; bad content or product pushes away.
6. Want a large audience and attention overnight (sorry, there are no shortcuts).
7. Forget to study those who have an audience and to mimic what they've done (no need to reinvent the wheel).
8. Overlook giving people what they want or need versus what you think they want or need.
9. Aren't prepared for the loss of audience that can result when taking a stand on principles.
10. Are hesitant to pay someone (invest money) to teach them the nuances of building an audience.
BONUS Forget to give something away (for free) via an email capture platform (e.g. use sumome.com with your blog).
(Crowd via pixabay)
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: